Intuition is simply information coming in on a different, quieter channel, so that it’s often overshadowed by the other five senses. Char Margolis, a psychic intuitive (and the author of the book Questions from Earth, Answers from Heaven, 1999, St. Martin’s Paperbacks) quotes a student of her saying “It’s like a mystery sense that everyone has and no one really uses.”
She calls intuition as God-given sixth sense and goes on to list five reasons to use your intuition:
- Intuition helps us prepare for the future and eliminate worry.
- Intuition lets us help others, especially our loved ones.
- Intuition lets us know when we’re in sync with the universe.
- Intuition teaches us to trust own inner wisdom.
- Intuition, helps us grow and develop as souls.
Albert Einstein has said: “I believe in intuitions and inspirations… I sometimes FEEL that I am right. I do not KNOW that I am.”
“Come from the heart, the true heart, not the head. When in doubt, choose the heart. This does not mean to deny your own experiences and that which you have empirically learned through the years. It means to trust your self to integrate intuition and experience. There is a balance, a harmony to be nurtured, between the head and the heart. When the intuition rings clear and true, loving impulses are favored.”
There is no doubt that everyone has this sixth sense. But if you still cannot make up your mind to accept this truth, Char Margolis gives certain feelings commonly occurring to us and she says “If you can answer “yes” to any one of them, it is proof that you have used your intuition to tap into something greater than your logical brain.
- I’ve thought about someone only to have them call me soon afterward.
- I’ve felt positive or negative about a particular person and had my feelings proven true.
- I’ve bought a stock or made a business decision based on a hunch and been successful.
- I’ve senses something about my health which was verified by a visit to a doctor or the development of a health problem.
- I’ve been able to tell what someone else was thinking.
- I’ve picked up on the emotions of my spouse or significant other.
- I’ve known my child was in distress even though we weren’t in the same space.
- I’ve felt the presence of or dreamed about a departed loved one.
- I’ve had lights on or the TV or radio go on inexplicably.
- I’ve felt uncomfortable about going down a certain road or stopping in a certain location or taking a trip on an airplane, and listened to the warning.
- I’ve been awakened by a dream in the middle of the night that seemed to contain a message for me.
- I’ve been thinking of someone and a piece of music associated with them has come on the radio.
- I’ve seem something out of the corner of my eye — a person, an object — or simply felt a sense of motion, and when I turned to look at it directly, there was nothing there.
- I’ve encountered someone whom I feel I’ve known before, even though we’ve never met.
- I’ve found myself getting a “hit” on something when I know there is no logical source for the information.
- I somehow know the right words to say in a situation.
- I’ve solved a problem with a solution that came to me out of nowhere.
- I’m in the car, humming a song. I turn on the radio, and the same song is playing.
- I ask the universe for a “sign” to help me answer a question and I see a licence plate, road sign, TV ad, or something else that pertains to my question and is more than coincidental.
I ( the writer of this blog) have had many such feelings listed by Char Margolis. Most frequent were those listed against numbers, 1,5,11,12,13,14,19 with 19 being the toppest with me. I have had the privilege of getting answers from the universe, especially in times of distress, where the answers appear on a poster on the back of vehicles, or pasted in the sides when my vehicle moves on the road or a person shouting to somebody a word that typically answers my worry.
I have read books by celebrated new age author JAMES REDFIELD of the Celestine Prophesy series, who while talking about synchronization that happens to us when we are in the “flow” emphasizes the value of intuition in everyone’s life.
In my post graduate course, I had a professor of economics taking class on Applied Economics. He never handled the subject as most other such teachers teach in colleges in India. He asked us students to buy the financial papers and bring to class. I think that the Economic Times newspaper was the only one available at Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India in the seventies. He made the students take up, by turn, a news item each and discuss the economic points in the news. And that day’s class was based on the economic principles involved in the business/corporate/government happening that was covered in the news. He made an impression on us students who started loving economics as a subject of relevance in life. I know that this entire paragraph is unrelated to this post. Yet I brought him here for a practical nugget of wisdom he gave us those days. He said “you are commerce, personnel management students and sure to occupy positions of importance in the corporates in due course of time. All decisions are made after sincere analysis of various things and after discussions. But you make it a point of breaking the decision making part into two. Postpone the decision making at least by a day after discussing threadbare all the points on the topic of decision. Let your heart tell you the correct decision though it may not always be the logically reasoned choice. But cultivate the habit of believing your heart and be courageous to follow the choice of your heart, rather than blindly accepting the most logical one.”
Yes, he planted the idea of importance of intuition in our lives, personal and outside our personal area. This has worked well for me all these 42 years after college.
An intuitive flash relevant to this blog has occurred about four months back. For no apparent reason, it occurred one or two days after 25th December, 2018 that I will have less chance of writing any post in my blog for at least three four months and something told me to write to my social media friends that I won’t write of my posts in this blog in the Whatsapp group anymore. I even thought I would give up my writing blogs, probably out of lack of interest. But certain events happened in my family life that required me frequent stay outside my city in a town 350 kilometer away, for treatment of my sister getting treatment for cancer. I just could not find time or interest just to write even a half page post. This has become true and after a long time, I am writing this.
Thus, I have realized the truth that intuition is actually a tool God has given me. Everyone has it gifted from God while one is born into this world. Good luck.